Friday, July 9, 2010

9 months






I like to call this Nudes ascending the staircase he he

Addie is already a great helper- diapers and clothes are her two favs
I think that she was staring at Uncle Gabe's beard

Addie is 9 months old now and I just wanted to document a few things about her. She now weighs 17 lbs (some days it feels heavier..) She loves to crawl, she likes to pull her self up and stand, she loves to crawl up the stairs, she loves to go headfirst off of the bean bag and doesn't cry when she face plants... She loves getting into the refrigerator and the dishwasher, as well as the dog food and water, although she doesn't try as hard anymore with that one. She loves to eat rocks, goldfish crackers and anything sweet. Really, that kid already has a killer sweet tooth, which I understand- the rocks, not so much.
She is learning and growing so much lately. She likes to wave at people and she just discovered how to clap (which she did on her own, I don't really remember clapping with her) She just figured out how to drink from a straw and is doing pretty good with the sippy cup. She is pretty friendly, although if she is tired you will get the steely gaze. She is starting to think that she is pretty funny and she will also laugh at Rocky. She likes to pet her dogs, which is really pretty cute. She is also good to share her toys with Rocky. Maggie puts up with her, but really only keeps her around because she is a great source of food.
Addie still likes nursing and when I pull out the nursing cover she gets excited. (she gets excited if she sees food that she wants too) she will start grunting and making noises. She gets really silly at night when I nurse her before she goes to bed- she will move around a lot and basically try to stand on her head while simultaneously nursing. I think that it must be her way of trying to stay awake. I love when she gets tired and rests her head on my shoulder- it is seriously one of the best feelings in the world. I can't believe how much she has grown up these past months. I love watching her learn and discover new things-it's so much fun to watch the gears turning in her little brain.
Addie got a swimming pool and she really likes it. We were filling it up and she was playing with the hose. She would try to drink from the hose and totally drench herself. It was pretty funny. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I really love that girl.

2 comments:

  1. what a cutie. some day i'll be done with school and we can be real friends. you know, the kind that hang out and stuff... i miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! We need to come and see your cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete