Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I want to go to the river!
















Last week we headed out to California to visit Aunt Diane and Uncle Dave. We took Don and Fran so they could enjoy what we love. The drive wasn't all that bad, Addie was a champ and Wyatt did very well also. And I got to read a long book : )
We went to the fair the first day. Addie got to see all the animals and pet a deformed rooster that stood completely upright. It was crazy to look at. She also petted the cutest mini donkey. We took her and Luca on the rides and it was so funny to watch Addie's sober expression. She has a habit of looking like she not having any fun, but when you go to take her off of something she throws a fit. Although she was pretty good this time around. She fell asleep and we walked around the booths until I felt like I couldn't walk anymore.
The next day we picked blackberries and went to church. Addie slept through most of church but was able to make it to some of nursery. They had like 4 kids total. We have 4 nurseries total. Aunt Diane was watching a 5 year old girl so Addie was able to play with her. Chops made blackberry ice cream and it was fantastic.
We went to the river on the third day. I was hoping to have the beach to ourselves but there were quite a few people where we went. The water was a bit chilly so we didn't do much swimming but it was fun playing in the sand and throwing rocks. Diane and I were pushing Addie back and forth beetween us with the boogie board and accidentally dunked her. She cried but got over it pretty fast. She eventually forgave us and got back on for a photo op.
The next day we went to Bridgeport and the water seemed warmer. I had a blast swimming and Addie rode on the board a lot and played in the shallow parts. I think Don had fun exploring and we weren't sure if we were going to have to look for him. I'm sure Fran didn't have quite as much fun, but it was great to have her there to hold Wyatt while the rest of us played.
I could have stayed there forever- we had good food, beautiful scenery and Aunt Diane would come in in the morning and hold Wyatt so I could keep sleeping. I think that was the reason why he now thinks he should be held all the time. It was great. Yesterday we were driving and Addie says, "I want to go to the river!" so I think a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment