Sunday, August 15, 2010

The best place in the world...not Disneyland!



Maggie didn't mind the water as long as she was on the board
Playing on the beach



Addie was looking everywhere but the camera...
Naptime at Aunt Diane's

Fun with stickers
Cousin Zoey
Uncle Devin, Grandpa and Addie. And Rocky, who likes the water

Addie and Luca are three days apart but Luca is much taller and more slender :)

Every summer we head over to California for my family reunion. It has been a tradition my entire life. I think that I have missed, maybe, three summers in 25. I have so many great memories here. Picking blackberries, swimming, floating down the river, reading pretty much the entire Harry Potter series while eating a case of otter pops, hanging out with cousins, sleeping on the tramp and watching meteor showers, sleeping at the cabin and listening to the rush of the river, riding to the falls in the back of Uncle Dave's truck, riding to the falls with my mom driving and almost driving off the edge of a cliff, etc etc. It is such a great place and I am glad that I am now able to share it with Addie. Highlights from this trip include playing with Luca, eating lots of blueberries, playing in the water and eating sand. And hanging out with cousins. Can't wait to go back!

1 comment: