Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Vacation




Cannot believe how cute this girl is.

I'm not sure where this post disappeared to...anyways, we continued our vacation further down California by heading to San Francisco. I had forgotten how chilly it gets there. We went to Fishermans Wharf and then headed out to Alcatraz. The tour was pretty fun and you could pretty much explore the island on your own. We were pretty beat from walking all day so we didn't explore as much as I would like to, but that just gives us an excuse to go back. We played on the beach but didn't really get in the water. It's funny because I remember swimming there around the same time of year when I was a kid, but I definitely wasn't going to swim there now. San Fran was quite the city, I enjoyed visiting but I would not like to live there- too much congestion and parking was a pain. I can't imagine being stuck in traffic for hours at a time on a regular basis.

Chops got some Alcatraz memorabilia and is going to use it for his classroom. Hopefully his students don't mind being referred to as inmates :)

2 comments:

  1. ooh! It looks chillin there but looks like you guy's had lot's of fun! How was Bow-hunting? Were not sure where were going to go yet :( Wherever Cam gets a job. Maybe Page, AZ for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Horse Whisperer! I didn't know you had a blog! YAY!

    ReplyDelete