Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sledding

    The first of December was really cold, painfully cold. Then we got some snow and it was still cold but not so bad. I went through a time where winter was not so fun but when you have kids its fun to get excited about a big snowstorm. Maybe not the twenty minutes it takes to bundle everyone up though...
    Carly and Travis invited us to go sledding with them so we bundled up and headed out. Wyatt fell asleep the moment we got in the car so he took a nap for the first part while we played. Both of my children have inherited some of my cautiousness, which I don't really mind. It was fun to see Addie get progressively braver the longer we stayed. Wyatt was awake for long enough to go down a couple of times but didn't really warm up to it as much as Addie did. It's fun to have cousins close by that we can do things with, although we probably don't get out as much as we could.

 A funny note about Carly's snowsuit. She won it at a Atkinson family white elephant. It was supposed to be a gag gift but it is seriously awesome for doing barn chores in while its so cold and great for sledding too. Her niece was surprised that she wore it and Carly's thinking, uh "best white elephant ever".






 Wyatt was fine going on the big sled with Auntie, but did not enjoy the solo ride...not too surprising

2 comments:

  1. Love Carly's snowsuit. As we're finally nearing sort-of the end of winter I realize I didn't take my kids sledding once. I get so in the mode of "I hate winter" that I forget to enjoy the good parts! Anyway, I'm glad to see your kids' smiles when they got the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its extra hard to enjoy it with a young one, how do you keep them warm? We play in the snow in cycles depending on how old our kids are :)

    ReplyDelete