Monday, March 3, 2014

Au Revoir Max!

   In looking back, trying to figure out what huge events are missing from the blog I realized that I never wrote about Max's mission to France. Max has been working hard. He wrote a musical with a good high school buddy of his called Prisoner of War. It the story of his Drama teacher's grandfather whose plane was shot down in WWII and he was a POW in Germany. I always kind of told him that he should head off on his mission before it was put on by the High Sschool (sacrifice brings blessings kind of deal) but it really was awesome that he got to see it come to fruition. Lehi High School performed it and I'm a pretty tough play critic but it was amazing. Some of the music was pretty technical and I didn't love the lead's voice but the story and music were fantastic. The man whose story was being told was able to attend the performances and it was so touching to salut and honor him at the beginner of the show.
     Max put his papers in right after and we all gathered round when his call came. He was called to Lyon, France and when I heard the place it made me wish that I had served a mission. I always wanted to go somewhere French speaking. I am making it a personal goal to go pick him up afterwards, even though Chops is doubtful I will be able to leave a one year old. And seeing as I miss my children if they are gone for even a few hours, I can see his point.
     He is doing well and having fun experiences. He has the perfect personality at serve there and fit right in. I need to brush up on my French so I can start writing letters to him in French. He always puts in a paragraph of it in my letters and I can understand but can respond too well. We took some family pictures before he left- they were kind of last minute and it was getting dark so we worked with what we had.











No comments:

Post a Comment