Sunday, June 7, 2015

Changes

    I am adverse to change. I remember not really wanting High School to end, I didn't want to grow up and be an adult. I hate it when our ward splits (which with the growth in this area is often...) I don't like seeing pastures change to houses. I even have a hard time moving furniture around.  Chops switched up the garden boxes to one big box and I didn't like it, but of course now I love it. But I know that change is good, mostly, and I've got some changes I should probably document.
    I've been in cub scouts the past two and half years. I was called as the Assistant Cubmaster with no clue about how things worked.  I have three younger brothers so you'd think I would at least be familiar but I can't remember anything. I wasn't super thrilled about it. I don't really have anything against Scouting itself, it just always irked me that the Church spends so much time, resources etc for Scouting with the girls getting the shaft.  I felt rubbed the wrong way each time Friends of Scouting came around. Yep, perfect recipe for getting called into Scouts.
      I had a great Cubmaster and I honestly did not have much to do as she did it all (but seriously, she's amazing). I was thinking about how easy my calling was and I enjoyed it; next thing I know I'm getting called in and extended the call as Cub Committee Chair, aka a person that is in charge of keeping track of everything and making sure we do things by the book, uniforms in order, rules are followed etc.  I broke down and cried right then and there.  To be fair, I think it was right after I had Ezra and the farm was in upheaval but I knew it would be a change and more work doing tasks I am not inherently good at. The counselor told me to think about it and I told him I'd do it, but I wasn't happy about it.
    There was a lot of work, especially in the fall getting all the records straight and the last couple of months preparing for Day Camp but I was thinking, hey I am getting the hang of this gig. Cue getting called in.  I kid you not, the day I had my coming to peace with my calling I get called in and asked to be the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. Our cubmaster was moving and getting released so I had assumed I would be in my calling for quite some time longer and did not have an inkling. Honestly, with the prep for day camp being quite extensive, my first thought was, yeah that's got to be easier :) Although as I thought later I remembered/was informed of all the duties I have ahead of me so we'll see. They also released the Primary presidency the same week though so I do not have a replacement in cub scouts so I feel like I need to keep up with day camp prep, I will be glad when that is over!  I am excited to be in RS again. I was with VT for quite a while and enjoyed going on visits. I have taught before and enjoyed it then although I am feeling nervous about teaching after such a long hiatus. My main responsibility is activities which is not my strong suit but I am great at setting up chairs. I have more big news but I think I'm going to make a new post.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment