Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas time

Don and Fran headed to New Mexico for Christmas. They invited us to drive down with them but were planning on spending almost two weeks which was a little longer than we wanted to stay. We haven't been down for a while so we decided to head down as a surprise.
We took a slight detour and spent the night in Durango. The pool was heated, not very warm to Mom and Wyatt but Addie loved it and Dad was a good sport to swim with the little fish. Before we left the kids swam again (Wyatt wasn't super stoked about it but I'm sure Addie would have stayed all day).
We stopped in Santa Fe and ate lunch, window shopped and toured the cathedral. The plaza was covered with luminerias and we tried to stay until dark to see everything lit up but we got too cold. There was a man making balloon creations and he made the kids a bunch of fun things. Wyatt loved it, soaking up all the attention.
We headed to Rio Rancho and got to Aaron and Candace's in time for the big Christmas Eve party. We surprised most everyone but Fran had a hunch that we were coming since we called her to see what the family was doing. We had a fun white elephant gift exchange where Wyatt picked out a cute stuffed snowman and gave it the biggest hug...I'm pretty sure you would have to be heartless to steal it from him. Addie got a lint roller and the look on her face was so funny. She got that stolen and was able to pick out another gift. They opened their Christmas jammies and watched the kids play Just Dance on the Wii. We headed back to Gabe's and went to bed.
Christmas day was pretty low key, we opened presents and played with the new blocks, went out to the mesa to ride four wheelers and the new dirt bike Aaron's kids got for Christmas, and then we ate dinner with Aaron and Candice.  I got a new phone, which always comes with mixed emotions because I am tech ignorant and hate having to relearn how to work a phone but the camera is much better than my old one so I'm happy. I don't ever have the big camera with me so it was really nice being able to snap pictures of all the cousins. I was uploading them onto the computer yesterday and thought that I had deleted them all and I cried. Yes, I am pregnant. But Chops found them so its all good.
The rest of the week was spent lounging and playing at Gabe's, terrorizing the kittens at Josh's (the kids would seriously wake up and the first thing they asked would be to see the kittens), playing in the dirt at the mesa, playing with cousins. Chops, Don, Jade and I went to the temple and performed some baptisms and conformations from names we've been researching on Family Search.
We had a great time and the kids were sad to leave. We left early on Sunday morning and were making pretty good time when Wyatt told me he needed to throw up. My greatest nightmare, I grabbed a plastic bag and we got most of it contained but Wyatt and I both had to change our shirts. He and I sat in the back for the next couple of hours where he would alternate between sleeping and vomiting. Fun times. We also stopped in Moab because the check engine light had turned on so we tweaked a couple of things at the auto store. But we made it home safe and sound and thankfully Wyatt felt much better that night and no one else got what he had.
It was a fun trip and I can't believe how fast everyone is growing up. Wyatt and Addie included.




























1 comment:

  1. All the pictures of fun in New Mexico make me want to visit and see it all for myself. And more news on baby numero tres, please! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete