Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Horses


This year I headed up a 4H group again. There were several kids that leased horses and showed. Normally the shows are held just up the road at the rodeo grounds but due to the drought we got to load up and drive to Eagle Mountain. I was quite proud of all of them, tears were shed, and patterns were messed up but in all they did quite well. Pretty much all of them were bugging me about doing the stock parade for Lehi Roundup Days. I balked in part because parades are full of scary potential-yelling kids, people running and throwing candy, asphalt-and all of the horses have been pretty much hanging around the farm for the last several years and, honestly, parades are long hot ordeals. But I figured I could take one for the team and hey, I could show off Addie and her cute pony, Ginger.  All of the horses were really quite well behaved and I think everyone had fun. It was incredibly hot, Addie was sweating profusely before we even started, but there were quite a few shady spots and we got free candy. I am kind of hoping to do it next year. I hope I have a good baby and a supportive husband.
Addie also showed Ginger in a couple of POA shows.  She did lead line and was so cute. She loved it when the announcer called her name. She ended up being Reserve High Point for lead line and it was fun to watch her get her belt buckle. I'm glad that she likes to ride like her momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment